Welcome to SSP High School!
ABOUT THE SSP SECONDARY BUILDING
South St. Paul Secondary, located high on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River, is a public school of just over 1,700 students, grades 6-12. The school’s team name, the Kaposia Packers, reveals the history of the community: Kaposia for the Kaposia Indians who were founded in South St. Paul and Packers for the former center of the meat-packing industry. Approximately 54% of our students go on to a four-year college or university, and about 20% to junior college or technical school. The high school graduated its first class in 1908.
Hours and Schedules
High School (M,T,Th,F): 7:50 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
W.I.N. Wednesday: 9:30-2:30
High School Students follow a six-period/day schedule with 3 Trimesters
Main Office Line: (651) 457-9408
24-Hour Attendance Line: (651) 457-9415
Secondary Building weekly announcements:
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Thursday, March 9th- Middle School (6-8) conferences and Asynchronous Learning. High school students are in person learning.
- Friday, March 10th and Monday, March 13th- No school
- Tuesday, March 14th- 11th graders are taking the ACT. 9th, 10th, and 11th graders are asynchronous learning. Middle school is in person learning.
- Thursday, March 16th- Friday, March 24th- Middle school is Fastbridge testing
- Monday, March 27th- Friday, March 31st- Spring Break!
- April- MCA and MTAS testing for both Middle School and High School
The South Saint Paul American Indian Education Program Invites you to visit the Resource Center and Classroom at SSP Secondary. Come meet, greet, eat, and learn about the purpose and vision for this space.
Personal Projects are shared in one event at the end of the school year. View photos from this year's MYP Personal Projects Fair.
Nominations are open for the Roxanne Bliss Silver Apple Award. Any South St. Paul student, group, or class may nominate a currently employed teacher or staff member for this year's award.